Friday, March 07, 2008

Laugh by Omission

I got an email from a friend yesterday that proved that leaving out a word can certainly change the meaning of what you're saying. What she said was, "I would like a hairy ape in my shorts." After I stopped laughing, I realized she meant to say she would "look like a hairy ape". Not quite the same thing.

Also, I'm sitting in the back of court during closing arguments of a jury trial. I was 10 minutes late for a hearing so they couldnmt call me first and instead had to put me after the jury. It would't have been so bad if I hadn't have learned that the judge was looking for me in the rotunda prior to the hearing. I had called the bailiff, but I'm not certain that is going to save me from getting my butt chewed when the case does get called here in a few minutes. I've now caused the other side to have to sit here for an hour because I was late.

Incidentally, if no one hears from me in the next 24 hours, someone please find me and bail me out of jail. Please.