Monday, January 28, 2008

I'd smile if I had control of my facial muscles.

Last week here, the temperatures dipped below zero on a couple of nights. For most people, that simply means that when the alarm sounds in the morning they don't really want to roll out of bed. For me, it means that there's a good chance I'll be fighting off frost bite.

By now it's no secret that my second job entails working around planes at the airport. I'll pretend, by not mentioning the company by name, that perhaps there is still a bit of mystery surrounding it. But it's safe to say that while I'm sorta inside a building for 3 of the 4 hours at night, the massive doors on the building are open all night with the wind whipping through. Then, at the end of the night, I have to walk out to the plane across the ramp. Surprisingly, they don't exactly have shade trees planted along the way to block the wind. This week, when I'd get home, I'd be lucky if I could even open my mouth because my cheeks were so wind blown and dry I couldn't move them.

Don't worry, this summer when it's 95 out, I'm sure I'll be complaining about that too.

Labels: