Friday, December 21, 2007

I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

At my 2 jobs, I run into a variety of signs. Some informative; some not. The following are my favorites.

1. At the Prosecutor's office at my local Courthouse the sign reads:
Donate your old, unused phones here.
Hmm. Are they wanting old new phones?

2. At the parking lot for 2nd job:
Parking violations will be strictly enforced.
Parking restrictions are enforced. How do you enforce a violation?

3. My favorite requires a little context. At the 2nd job, there's a security area we go through and there are a couple of TVs mounted that give you some informative information. One of the tidbits says:
There's no better time to quit than now.
They're talking about quitting smoking, but at 5:00 a.m. after a rough night on the line, if I'm thinking about quitting anything, it's the job.

Labels: