Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Under the knife.


My kitty has been sick for a few months. The vet and I have been trying everything low tech to see if we can make him better. Including special diet food, antibiotics, steroids, etc. He went in on Monday and they finally ran an x-ray. Turns out the boy's got bladder stones.

Basically the doctor gave me two options:

1. Surgery on Monday to remove the stones, after which they should know what caused them and how to prevent them. Pros: Fix the cat. Downside: Expensive.
2. Do nothing and let the stones just keep rolling around and cutting up his bladder, at which point he'll either get a severe infection or a blockage and die a painful death. Pros: It doesn't cost me any more money. Downside: Death.

Gee, not a hard decision. While I don't really have the money sitting around, luckily I do have a second job that can help defray the cost.

Additionally, I was planning on taking off Monday and making it a long weekend since we government employees have Tues. election day off. But instead, I get to be at the vet at 7 a.m. on Monday. The things we do for our pets.

Labels: