Sunday, September 16, 2007

Random Bits

Now, I know I have a pretty commercial taste in movies. But I do like to give other, more artistic movies a shot, even when I think it's not going to be my cup of tea. I used to watch the Sundance channel religiously and catch all of the movies that never got picked up for mass release. That will come as a surprise to some of the more refined movie goers out there who think that I only ever watch rom-coms.

I'm not really a fan of the fantasy movies. I think it shows my limited imagination as a child. Though I'm left handed, I am definitely not right brained when it comes to that creativity. I must say, I'm happy that I gave the Harry Potter movies a shot, as I do enjoy those (but not in 3-D on an IMAX screen, I must say. It gave me a hangover worse than any alcoholic beverage could have).

K and I watched Pan's Labrynth tonight. It's Spanish and subtitled for those of us who are not as fluent in our Spanish as we should be. That doesn't bother me all that much. I like a good subtitled movie. But I did not like this movie at all. The acting was ok, but I just didn't care for the random fantasy bits. And it was way more graphic than I care to watch. I got online and checked and the movie got rave reviews everywhere. Also, K seemed to really like it. I must just be in the minority on this one.

Tonight I was painting my toes and my cat came up to rub on my legs. He bent his head and did a quick sniff of the polish and immediately went into a gag reflex. It was like the cat version of one of those TV shows when someone discovers a dead body. I know cats don't like certain smells, but I didn't realize smells triggered the vomit reflex in them the way it does in humans. He settled in on the far corner of the bed and has just been glaring at me for the past 20 minutes. I'm just glad no actual vomit came with the gagging, since I've had my fill of cleaning up feline bodily fluids this week.

Labels: ,