Monday, September 10, 2007

The never-ending remodel.

3 weeks ago my apartment complex put a note on my door that informed me that they would be painting our doors, which includes opening them and removing the weather stripping. Ergo, we need to make sure the pets are secure and not fleeing from the building. The note said this process would take up to 2 weeks.

We learned earlier this summer that they have no control over the paint crews. When repainting our buildings, they would paint one floor, or edge another and then come back about a month later. It was so bizarrely done.

But I faithfully locked my cats up each day for the last 2 weeks. At the end of the 2 weeks, they had painted the outside of my door but had not returned to open it and weather strip it. Thinking that perhaps they had changed their minds, I emailed the management to check. Nope, they're still planning on doing it. Then I got a note on door a couple of days later (after continuing to lock up the cats) telling me that they would begin the weatherstripping process today. And it could last up to 2 weeks.

Of course I have no idea when they may possibly make it to my building. It could be tomorrow. It could be October 1. But now, I'm expected to be able to lock my cats up all day every day until it's fixed. Which would be fine if my cats didn't have 2 brain cells. They've wised up, and by the time I wake up in the morning, they're both in hiding under my king sized bed where I can't reach them. I've tried locking them up at 5 a.m., before my shower, after my shower, etc. The only thing I haven't tried is locking them up at night before I go to bed. But I don't exactly want to listen to them whine all night.

So now I'm officially up a creek. If no one hears from me tomorrow, I'm either still chasing them around the complex or I've gotten myself stuck under my bed.

Labels: ,