Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Cuckoo's Nest

While I was getting ready this morning, I had the Today Show on in the background. I happened to tune in when they were interviewing Shirley MaClaine and her dog. "Why her dog?" you ask. Simple. Because the dog cowrote a book with her of course.
I'll give you a second to read that sentence again. You see, apparently Shirley would write a chapter, then the dog would write a chapter through her. And of course the dog would only write about how wonderful Shirley is.

So my cats and I decided we are going to sit down later this week and write a book together. Of course they all want to write about what a great humanitarian, and intelligent human being I am. And who am I to stop them? But see, I have an advantage over Shirley. I have 3 cats. And we all know there's credibility in numbers.

Shirley told Matt Lauer that she was perhaps a bit eccentric. I'll do you one better, Shirley. You're a loon. I'll be sure to make a donation to a mental hospital in your name and hopefully you'll be there to greet it when it gets there.