Thursday, May 13, 2004

Driving Directions

In light of all the asinine drivers I encounter every day, I thought I'd share some driving wisdom from my parents. See, I was one of those *lucky* kids that had a driver's ed instructor for a parent. Except I didn't have one, I had two. I think I knew the phrase "never trust a turn signal" before I could pedal my tricycle down the drive. Not all of their advice is worthwhile, but some is. For example:

When you're sitting on a highway or road waiting to turn left, don't turn your wheels until it's time to make the turn. The reason is that if some idiot behind you doesn't see that you're stopped and hits you from behind, your car will go whichever direction your wheels are facing. If they're facing straight ahead, you'll only be pushed straight down in your lane, but if they're turned, you'll be pushed into oncoming traffic.

The previous message was brought to you by the backseat drivers in Heidi's car.