Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My television is spinning.

Those loyal Law and Order fans like myself already know that Jerry Orbach is leaving at the end of this season. But fear not, in their quest for total world domination, he's heading to yet another spinoff, Law and Order: Trial by Jury. An article I read is calling this "the 4th Law and Order", but if I'm not mistaken, it's the 5th. We have the original, Criminal Intent (which I detest), SVU (better than the original) and wasn't there a "true life" one that aired last summer? I can't remember what it was called but it followed real prosecutors through real cases. Maybe someone else remembers it?

According to one article, 20% of next fall's NBC primetime lineup will be Law and Order shows. Which may be a bit much except that 20% of the lineup right now is advertising for Friends/Frasier season finales. I watched the Friends finale for fear that if I didn't they would air it repeatedly until they thought everyone had seen it. Not sure if I'll tune in to Frazier. Word is that Kelsey Grammar is ready to play Frazier in yet another spinoff next fall. So far NBC has passed but they're shopping it out to other networks. Somehow, I don't think you get lucky twice.