Thursday, February 10, 2005

I dedicate this song to all you lovers out there.

I know I've discussed how much I hate "Delilah" on the radio, but sometimes, Jesus Radio becomes unbearable, and when choosing between the two cheesefests, I'll defer to Delilah.

Last night, a 13 year old student called in to ask that she dedicate a song to his teacher. The student then went on to describe how this teacher is such a great motivator, and always believes in him when no one else does. Delilah gave some speech about underappreciated teachers and promised to dedicate a song. And Delilah's song of choice; "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion.

Now, I agree that teachers are overworked and underpaid, and that some go above and beyond to help those underachievers get ahead. But with the recent rise in instances of teachers having sex with their students, I'm thinking this wasn't exactly a wise choice in songs.