Monday, August 08, 2005

A Case of the Mondays

I have no other way to describe my mood today. It took me several hours to wake up out of whatever funk I was in. The funny thing is that the more sleep I get, the more tired I am. I've been a good little girl, trying to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, and I'm absolutely dragging by the next morning. Counter that with the nights I fall asleep around 1 a.m. and have a 6 a.m wakeup call and am rather perky around the office. I think I need to conduct and official experiment. Look forward for the results in the near future.

The parents are coming to visit tomorrow and then going to the opening of the State Fair on Wednesday. My apartment is an absolute disaster at this point, and I attempted to do a little straightening a bit today. It was a fruitless effort. My style of cleaning tends to consist of moving all of the junk from A to B. And then the next time I clean, from B to A. Not exactly a productive system. Thank heavens the parents love me in spite of this, and dare I say, after 27 years, they're not going to expect much different from me.