Saturday, July 23, 2005

Bar Blah

We're in the home stretch. And I wish I could say I've been glued to the books and outlines, but not so much. I've been doing really well considering my usual style, but I've been taking a few hours here and there to paint, run to target, etc. The apartment is getting really lonely and bare from time to time.

I haven't really started to panic, but 1/3 of the time I start thinking "what if....." I understand the Essay topics, but don't have elements and whatnot memorized that I can spout them out as needed. And there are a few topics that I know even less about (Trusts, Wills, Corporations, etc.) I just keep telling myself "minimal competence."

I've been reviewing and practicing my MBE topics, and scarily, I do better on some days than on others. So if I'm having a bad multiple choice day come Wed., we're in trouble. Everyone (non-law people) keeps saying I have nothing to worry about, but they don't know anything about the bar exam. Just because I graduated law school does not mean I'll pass. And no matter how many times people tell me not to worry about it, there's just this little voice of doubt in the back of my head. And I know if by chance I don't pass, it's not the end of the world. I think everyone who is taking it will understand. It really put it in perspective at the PMBR when he pointed out that 10 MBE questions are the difference between passing and failing. Yikes.

And of course I've already had the dreams. The other night I dreamed that I did the entire MBE in white out, and then was trying to spend the last 1/2 hour fixing it. While I know that it's unlikely, if anyone sees me with a bottle of it on exam day, take it away.