Sunday, July 03, 2005

Home Sweet Not Home

When I moved back home 3 years ago, I ended up selling or giving away a lot of my things because we didn't have room to store them here. After all, I'd been living on my own for the better part of 6 years at that point, and I had accumulated a ton of stuff. So it was goodbye to the couches, entertainment center, desk, etc. It was a good idea at the time. Not so much now.

It's amazing how much stuff I need to move into an apartment. I moved a mere pittance yesterday because I was by myself. Once I got somewhat settled in, I had to run to Walmart to get a few necessities (Brita water filter, shower curtain liner, etc) and then a second trip to Target for the things I forgot (bathroom rugs). At the end of the day, I had a bed, which was just delivered, and some styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons occupying my apartment. I even went to cook a hotdog and discovered that there was no microwave, so it was back to the store. Right now the contents of my fridge are: hotdogs, nacho cheese, carrots, hot dog buns, tortilla chips. And the chips and buns are just in there because I'm home for the weekend and didn't want them out on the counter.

It just doesn't have that homey feel to it yet. And while the bed was mucho comfortable, I could only twiddle my thumbs for so long yesterday. So I had to come home to the excitement of the Jesus Town 4th of July celebration. More on that later.