Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Idol Redux

I haven't been watching American Idol very faithfully during the casting process. I caught a few early eps, but then tuned out because I don't want to hear all of the bad people.

Tonight, I got my first glimpse of several of the guys. (I watched the girls last night, but one glance at the music listed on the side of this blog shows that I lean towards the male vocals.) I was expecting to be 100% behind Scott. And I was, early in the night. But then I saw Elliot for the first time. And he's definitely my new fave.

Shockingly, I tend to agree with Simon most of the time. (I had to leave the room when Sway performed because it so wasn't agreeing with me.) And he looked pained most of the time tonight. I sometimes wonder if people just hear things differently. Kinda like colors. What if what I see as blue is actually what others see as yellow. It's possible right? I mean, you don't really have anything to compare it to.

But anyway. I never trust anything Paula has to say, because even though she's one of the original pop queens, all of her opinions are skewed. And Randy sometimes knows what's up, but his "dawg" stuff gets on my nerves.

Overall, my fave so far is Elliot, followed closely by Scott, and then maybe a tie between Gedeon and Ace. And I'm not sure I can get behind Ace just yet as he freakishly looks like Constantine from last year.

And can we please not pick songs just because you have an emotional connection to it. I don't care if you've liked Michael Jackson since you were 8, or you promised your grandma you would sing a song, or even if your parents used to sing it to you. Mention it. Then pick a better song to sing. My parents used to sing "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" to me. But if I ever made it on that show, I guarantee that wouldn't even cross my mind.