Wednesday, February 01, 2006

If you don't have something nice to say.

Our young paralegal and I were the last 2 at the office this afternoon. I swung by her office to let her know I was leaving, and in my usual end of the day mood, I started griping as she readied herself to leave with me.

I told her that I didn't know if I'd be able to get out of my spot because some idiot driver (although I may have said dumbass) didn't know how to park and was crooked in the space beside me. I told her how my big ole SUV is hard enough to maneuver in that poorly situated lot. From my office on the 11th floor, I can see everything in the parking lot and see which cars are wrongly parked.

On this occassion, the "idiot" driver happened to be her. And I felt like an ass. She took it good naturedly and informed me that she knows she doesn't know how to park. When we got down there, it wasn't as bad as it looked from 11 stories up and I tried to talk my way out of my asshattery. I, however, looked just as much like an ass.