Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Skating with Celebrities

Oh my gosh, I can't stop watching. It's like a horrific train wreck.

Some of these girls weren't cut out for pairs skating. Pairs girls are usually really petite and a foot or two shorter than their male partners. I just watched Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Something or other, and the lifts look like it took quite a bit of effort. I don't think Lloyd is used to lifting a girl who is almost his height.

I'd say I'd love to hear Chuckke's take, but knowing his refined skating palette, I'm betting he's refusing to even tune in.

Edited: Ok, chatting with a friend while watching and she just had the best comment ever. Todd Bridges was wearing knee pads and such during his rehearsals and the commentors said something about how he didn't want to injure himself. And my friend Pooh said, "doesn't want to injure himself? what is he saving himself for? his acting career?"