Thursday, December 29, 2005

Word Association

Word: Birthday

Association: Mine

Another day older and deeper in debt. Not really, but that's how the song goes, eh?

I've realized why I'm so melodramatic about my birthday. You know how when you're single, you always get a little depressed around Christmas and New Years'? It's the whole thought of having to spend another holiday season all by your lonesome. And you know how on your birthday, you get a little depressed realizing that another year has ticked off and you're still still single and getting closer to __ (insert whatever age is your dreaded upcoming age). Well, I get to be a little bit holiday depressed and a little bit birthday depressed at the same time which makes for a lot depressed all at once. If we could just squeeze Valentine's Day in on January 3, I could get it all out of the way at the same time.

Really, though. This birthday isn't so bad just yet. (Granted it's 8:50 a.m. and I'm breaking my no blogging from work motto). But then I'm too focused on having to be at work on my birthday to care that I hit 28. I'm starting a petition that we all should get our birthdays off as holidays. Who's signing with me.