Sunday, February 29, 2004

Oscar Predictions

Well, the show is about 2 1/2 hours away, so I decided to give my predictions for the biggest awards. I'm usually pretty close, so we'll see how I do this year.

Best Picture: Lord of the Rings. It's due.

Best Actor: I think it's going to be Bill Murray. Sean Penn will suffer because Tim Robbins is going to get supporting actor. However, I'm pulling for the long shot Johnny Depp. That's the only movie I saw and I thought he was superb in it. There's always a chance Penn and Murray will cancel each other out and Jonny will swoop in.

Best Actress: Charlize Theron. Hands down. There have been rumblings of Diane Keaton, but I think the homeliness of Charlize's roll will help her.

Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins

Supporting Actress: Renee Zellweger. I haven't seen the movie, but she was robbed for Bridget (and some say Chicago) so it will be a makeup award.

Director: It will be Soffia Coppola. It's the first time a woman has ever been nominated for best director and she'll sweep it.

Best Dressed of Nominees: Charlize, though Renee will be a close second. (As I type this Jamie Lee Curtis is with Joan Rivers and she is gorgeous. I have more and more respect for her every day. Any woman that will pose naked with no touchups [to help the women in the world realize that you don't have to be airbrushed to be beautiful] is a first class act.)

Worst Dressed: Johnny Depp. Though he's devine enough that it doesn't really matter.