Monday, December 13, 2004

el Fin

I just finished my second and last final and am officially done for the semester. We won't dwell on the fact that one of the finals kicked my ass up one side and down the other. That point is not important. The important thing is that I'm done.

And in the spirit of sharing, I thought I'd give my best tip for taking exams. While it's not nearly as constructive as the ones Kelly posted over at Sapere Aude, I find it highly effective. When I start panicking that I'm going to fail an exam, I look around the room and pick out 10 people who I know are dumber than me or will do worse on the exam. Then I figure, worst case scenario, there's no way the professor would fail more than 10 people in the class, so I'm safe. It really boosts morale, you should try it sometime.

Yes, I realize that this is a really bitchy way of thinking, but this is a cutthroat environment and I take any advantage I can. And it's not like I tell these people to their face that they're one of my 10.