Thursday, April 07, 2005

Guilt Trippin'

I have a guilty conscious. Anyone who knows me can attest that I obsess about the littlest things. I can probably name for you right now every wrong I've ever done in my life. I'm just not the type to let something go.

Right now I'm focused on a tiny little action that happened today. I stole someone's parking spot. Not technically stole, but weasled nonetheless. I did a couple of laps around the lot and didn't find any spots, and then all of the sudden, I spotted one on the end of the aisle. I was coming from the other direction, and then turned up the aisle. There was a car sitting there, but with her turn signal indicating she was going the other way. I sat for about 15 seconds, and then pointed at the spot (which i was sorta blocking by that point) and she made no indication. So I sat for a couple of more seconds, she didn't move, so I backed up and turned my car and pulled in.

Now, even if she wasn't going for the spot, there was a car behind her that may have been. But what I didn't understand was why she was just sitting there with her turn-signal on. Since the spot was on the end, I'm wondering if she didn't notice that there was a spot there. People here habitually park on the ends of the rows, so maybe she thought that it wasn't actually a spot.

Regardless, I parked, and I'm sure someone was ticked off. My car will probably be keyed while I'm sitting in class. But if this is the worst thing I ever do in law school, I think the ethics committee will forgive me.