Monday, April 04, 2005

Hey Hey Mr. Postman

Last week, a classmate and I hand delivered our bar applications to the State Board of Law examiners; 2 days early nonetheless. There was some satisfaction in having the application checked in front of me and getting a hand stamped receipt, and I'm glad we did so.

I still had my fingerprints to turn in, and thought I'd just swing by the Government Center and do so. Only we couldn't find parking. So instead, I decided just to mail them and headed to the post office. The post office is located 3 blocks south and 1 block east of the Government Center. If the Dome wasn't in the way, you could practically spit from one to the other. Anyway, I got up to the counter with my envelope prepared needing only to pay the postage. The lady looks at the letter, looks at me, and tells me, "I can overnight this for $13.95."

Hey lady, pay me 10 bucks and I'll walk it over there myself right now.

Needless to say, I optend for standard delivery and only shilled out $1.06