Saturday, September 17, 2005

BFE BMV

My plates expired on Thursday. I knew this, but with changing addresses, I couldn't do the convenient renewal by mail, atm thingee, or online. So I left work an hour early on Tuesday and swung by the BMV by my apartment. When I arrived, there were 80-90 people already seated and waiting and 15-20 waiting just to be checked in. In the 5 minutes I stood there, they didn't check in a single person. I decided it wasn't worth 2 hours of my night and decided to try again later.

Of course with the BMV hours, later meant today since I was still making up time from my failed attempt earlier in the week. I decided to get up early and arrive before the place even opened. Apparently, so did 50-60 other folks. The place opens at 8:30 and at 8:10, the line was already down the front of the building.

I'll admit that I'm spoiled. In the Jesus Town, half of the time you don't even have to take a number because there's one or two workers open when you walk through the door. I had had the dad call earlier in the week to see if I could get it renewed there since I have a specialty plate and don't need to switch to a Marion county pre-fix plate. He found out that I could, and so I decided just to drive home to the Jesus Town to get the plate. It was a wise decision. I was number 99 and they were serving 87 when I arrived. Much better numbers.

But alas, I'm back to the Jesus Town for the night. I babysat my niece for the afternoon/night so that my parents could go to a wedding and my sister and BIL could celebrate their anniversary. So at least I was somewhat useful. Then again, I'm not getting all of the household tasks done like I had planned on doing this weekend. Oh well, there's always next weekend.