Friday, September 01, 2006

It's a small (rural) world.

As I am bored and finishing out the work week, I discovered that the Jesus Town actually has a page on wikipedia.com. If that weren't entertainment enough, I couldn't help but chuckle at one of the descriptions there:

"Though the above statistics would suggest otherwise, [the Jesus Town] is home to an influential senior citizen population, who wield considerable political and cultural power in the life of the town. The two tallest buildings in the town proper are senior citizen housing complexes. The local McDonald's hosts a large weekly bingo game, whose participants are primarily senior citizens. But then again, it could simply be senior citizens from out of town and the surrounding area since census statistics in U.S towns and villages are usually very precise."

Seriously. I'm surprised the article doesn't mention how the Jesus Town McDonald's now has 2 drive thrus. And I'm not talking about one going down each side of the building a la Rally's. I really need to take a picture for you to get the full effect, but basically, when you're in the drive through lane, you can choose 1 of 2 menu/order boards. They're literally 10 feet apart. And they're not just the boards with the speakers, but both have awnings and the full shebang. After you order, both boards funnel into one lane of traffic which approach the only drive up window. I've only been through once since the remodeling to install these two order spots, but by the time I got to the window, they had no idea what my order was. See, the brilliance of having 2 ordering posts funnel into one is that they have no idea what order each car goes in. It is engineering genius I tell ya.