Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music of the Moment

Kelly P. asked me the other night what music I've been listening to. And what Kelly P. wants, Kelly P. gets.

[New post feature: Click the CD cover to be taken to where you can buy it. Technology is my friend.]

Mat Kearney Nothing Left to Lose
Love. Every. Song. Seriously, fabulous CD. If you watch Grey's Anatomy, you've heard at least 3 of Mat's songs. His songs were used in the first two episodes of this season and at least one more episode later. The one that sticks out in my head is his song, All I need, which was used at the end of the season premeire to show everyone and as Izzy is laying on the bathroom floor. Mat reminds me of the likes of Josh Kelley and John Mayer.



Marc Broussard Carencro
This CD was recommended to me by Amazon based on my other music choices. And although I wouldn't consider it like any other CD I have, I love it. Very soulful. I can't even think of whom he reminds me. Just trust me. Great CD.




Gary Jules Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets
Ah, an oldie but a goodie. Well at least an oldie for me. I stumbled upon Gary a few years ago while browsing my favorite music cite, CDBaby. Bought the CD and loved it for a while and forgot about it. His most famous song is Mad World, which has been used in numerous movies. Heck, even my parents have heard that song. Then, my Dad wanted to find a song used on Grey's Anatomy during the scene where George's dad dies, and after looking it up, found out it was a Gary song. (Falling Awake) Although, not on this CD. As far as I know, his CDs are available for download, but you can still buy them at CDBaby. Which proves that CDBaby is still the best and Grey's Anatomy has some fabulous music choices.



Aqualung Strange and Beautiful
Aqualung was the opening act for The Fray when K and I saw them a few months ago. (Again, The Fray, highly used on Grey's). However, K and I could barely understand a word they sang all night. Not a good stage performance. Yet, a good CD.

Labels: