Wednesday, December 13, 2006

When it Rains.

I began the day in court facing defendants who were calling me unscrupulous, a liar and a cheat. Not calling my client these things, but me. I was only slightly consoled by the fact that I won all my cases.

Then, later today, I had a fellow attorney return my call and blow me off in harsh tones even though I was not being confrontational. Oh, and then he hung up on me. Flat out hung up on me. In my letter confirming the conversation, I pointed out his unprofessionalism and stated what I would have explained had he not hung up on me. And then I proceeded to feel bad the whole night about calling his hanging up on me unprofessional. Not only did he offend me by his actions, he actually succeeded in making me feel bad about confronting him about it. I need to gow some cajones.

And to top it off, when I got to the parking lot, the parking lot attendant approached me to inform me that he had hit the back of my car earlier in the day.

Thank heavens the day is now over.