Monday, March 01, 2004

Oscar Wrapup

Wasn't really surprised by anything. I knew that LOTR would win awards, but I didn't think they would take home all that they were nominated for.

I'm becoming a bit afraid of the trend for best actress. I think voters may be substituting the ability to look homely for acting. This year it was Charlize with the prosthetic facial features, last year was Kidman with the nose, and the year before was Halle with no makeup. While the physical attributes do play a part, I think people get caught up in how they "look nothing like themselves" and call that good acting. Maybe I'm wrong, but I did see the movie Halle won for, and I didn't think there was anything special about it.

I was pleasantly surprised that Johnny dressed nicely. Though I think the "bob" haircut needs to go.