Saturday, April 10, 2004

Mindless Movies

I took my cousins to see a sneak preview of the movie "13 Going on 30" tonight. Actually, I say I took them but it really was them tagging along because I was going to go regardless. I enjoyed the movie. It was predictable, trite, and required no thinking. Just my kind of movie. I thought Jen Garner did a great job acting like a 13 year old, and the 1980s references were funny. Of course my cousins, being that they are 12 and 14, didn't get any of those and stared at me blankly when I was chuckling.

People have called this a remake of "Big", and in a way, it was. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a decent movie. The theater was pretty packed and people were laughing out loud throughout and some even clapped at the end. So the moral of the story is, don't trust the critics' reviews when they come out and bash this movie no end. Take a chance.