Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Un-Friendly

A claim for harassment made by a former writer's assistant on the Friends staff has been reinstated. The woman alleges that different members of the writing staff would use "lewd" language when talking about their personal lives and even when discussing "what they would like to do with the actors."

I find this claim intriguing. If the conversations detailed in the affidavit did take place, I must say I would have been a bit uncomfortable too. Though I'm sure a TV show writing room is not the same as a corporate office, it is still sexual harassment. I'm interested to know how this plays out.

I'm also curious as to whether the actors themselves would have any recourse if it is found that the writers did make these statements. I would assume not. Maybe my Freedom of Speech people can enlighten me. Kelly P.? Chuck?