Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Parting Gifts

I finished my internship with the Court today, and to be honest, I'm a bit sad about it. I don't like goodbyes, and I am never very good at keeping in touch. So I will have to remind myself that I promised to drop by occasionally or send them updates about my life. I think I was spoiled in that I got to work with great people, who made me feel comfortable instead of inept and ignorant. After hearing stories from other court interns of the lack of interaction between staff, I'm thankful I got placed somewhere where everyone was personable and genuinely liked working together. Though they kept thanking me for the work I did, which helped lighten their load, I maintain that I got the better end of the deal. Afterall, I get to put on my resume that I interned for a Justice on the state Supreme Court.

I also received a few souvenirs to remind me of my stint there; a Supreme Court coaster, mug, pen, and pencils. But my favorite item by far is the 8X10 black and white glossy of the sitting bench, autographed by every Justice. Visit my office in a few years and that will be framed and on the wall. I guarantee it.