Sunday, April 18, 2004

Outage

Our power went out about 20 minutes ago, which means the only thing saving my sanity is the 50 minutes or so of battery I have left on this laptop. I know it comes as a shock to some that my town even has electricity and running water. Frankly, some days it surprises even me.

I have to leave here by 4 to go to another law school function, so I don't consider an hour and 15 minutes ample time to do something productive. Nor am I looking forward to the hour and a half drive up there after I made the round trip last night. I thought about going outside to enjoy the beautiful weather, but then realized I'd probably get sweaty, which means I'd have to shower, and we have no power to run the hair dryer. I wouldn't care except this is one of those functions where you have to get dressed up more than jeans and a t-shirt. So instead I'll just waste more time doing nothing.

For those of you who were intrigued by an earlier post and need to know the definition of "tossing your salad", stay tuned to Chuck's blog as it is the quiz of the week and a definition is forthcoming.