Friday, May 21, 2004

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

I leave for China in exactly 5 days and I have done absolutely nothing to get ready. And I'm not saying nothing but really meaning I've washed all my clothes and just haven't packed. I mean I don't know where my luggage is, I haven't seen my summer clothes since September, I don't have any shampoo or a hair dryer, I'm missing my calling card, my school books are still spread around the dining room after I promised my parents I'd take them up to my room, etc. All I've managed to get done the past 2 weeks is vacuuming my room and checking my grades online approximately 42 times per day.

But I'm thinking that perhaps tomorrow I need to actually get my ass in gear. I should start with making a list of things I need to pack. But I may just skip that step and go straight to making the list of things I'll put on my list but I will inevitably forget anyway. At least then I'll have a ready-made shopping list for when I get there and things are missing. And I need to remember to call the credit card company, pay my bills online, write checks that my parents can mail while I'm gone, and all that jazz. It doesn't really feel like I'm leaving next week and it probably won't hit me until about 2 weeks in. Let's just hope I figure it out before I leave to come back home.