Monday, May 24, 2004

Low Carb Craze

Our local paper spotlighted a new low-carb cookbook in today's paper. The only reason they would do such a thing is because of the "Jesus Town Connection." The book, titled "Low Carb for Life"is written by my former chiropractor. [He still practices in the Jesus Town, but he had taken a 2 year absence, (which was probably to write this book) during which I switched to a different doc.] Although it sounds funny for a chiropractor to write the book, he did have nutrition training and such prior to chiropractor school, so he's not a complete quack.

The paper had testimonials from various users, most of which said that this book takes the best parts of other low-carb diets and incorporates them into an easy to understand plan. If I weren't leaving in a day or so, I might be tempted to try this out. As it is, I'm spreading the awareness in case anyone else wants to try it and report back.