Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Pigs and blankets.

Our house looks like a pig in a daycare exploded sometime while I was gone. We have to sell pork sandwhiches at the 4th of July celebration, and currently, the pig pieces are in our deep freeze. And there are a lot of pig pieces.

And then my parents have hit every yard sale in the state to buy baby things. We have strollers, play pens, swings, blankets, clothing, changing tables, etc. If I didn't know better, I'd think my parents we having another kid. My favorite thing is the baby swing hanging in the tree. I hadn't said anything about it since my parents are gone, but my brother brought it up last night. We were both like, "they do realize that the baby won't be here until Oct. and won't be ready for the swing until at least January, right?" I find it funny since my mother has always said how she's not a baby person. Even though she was a great mother, she has no desire to hold babies or be around them much. Apparently that will change.

The sis was over here the other night. Our cousin the masseuse performed his massage test on her and said that she's having a boy. But like my dad said, he had a 50/50 shot so why wouldn't he hazard a guess. I'm already starting to call the baby by the name I've picked out, hoping it will catch on. My sister had it narrowed to Eli and Tyson, and I've chosen Eli and they chose Tyson. She said they'll settle on one definitely after she has an ultrasound. I'm confident she'll see the error of her ways and trust my judgment. After all, this is the sister who always made me come up with the names of our pets and wouldn't let her husband name the dog until I had a chance to weigh in on the topic. [For the record, I chose Reece, which was the exact name the husband had chosen unbeknownst to me (we both thought she looked like a peanut butter cup) proving once again that as much as you try to avoid it, you'll marry someone like your family.]