Monday, June 28, 2004

Back home again, in Indiana

I've been breaking out my best impression of Jim Naybors bellowing out the tune but none of you are able to enjoy it. Your loss.

K pointed out that yesterday was the longest day of our lives, since Sun. June 27, 2004 lasted exactly 37 hours for us. 4 plane flights, most of which I spent in the middle seat of a too small plane, and we're home. I was greeted at the airport by my parents, my aunt, and my cousins holding colorful signs that said "Welcome Home From China Heidi." Except they thought they'd be funny and instead it said "China Welcome Heidi From Home." Apparently they'd been testing out differing variations for an hour while the security guys (who were bored as the airport was deserted and no one was passing through the metal detectors) voted on their favorites. Gotta love the fam.

I have a few more stories to impart, but I'm too tired to do that now. I've got all week to catch up on the blogs I've missed and it's wonderful to be able to view my own blog on the real page. More later.