Friday, September 30, 2005

The right words.

Sometimes there are none.

I can't really say that I was ecstatic when I found out I passed, but more like relieved. Relieved that I didn't have to worry about it any longer. Relieved that I didn't have to go through all the studying and the exam again.

But whatever happiness I had was tempered by the fact that some people were not so fortunate. And I won't mention names or point fingers because they know who they are and they know (or should know) that no one thinks less of them for one test. As the PMBR guy pointed out, 10 multiple choice questions can make the difference. All it takes is one bad day or 5 minutes where your head isn't in the game and the results are different.

I can't pretend to know how anyone is feeling, and I know the last thing those who didn't pass want to hear is someone who did lamenting all about it. So I won't try to say anything beyond what I already have.

I just hope that things are better in the morning. That perspectives have changed. That one test does not define our lives any more than one day of our lives can. And that those outside the legal world can accept that they haven't been there and know nothing about it.

And now you can all picture me breaking into my renowned rendition of "the Sun'll Come out, Tomorrow...."