Monday, September 26, 2005

Shawshank Syndication

Those who know me well know that the last few weeks are one of my favorite times of the year. Time to pull out the abacus and flow charts and hunker down with my remote and a scratch pad. It's tv season/series premiere time. I can't help it, I'm an addict. I've almost got the schedule perfected and know what shows I can watch and which ones I must tape because they run up against a better show that I much watch live. Things will of course become much simpler once the TV powers start knocking them off and sending them into cancellation. (I can't stop watching "Reunion" cause I need to know who dies, but if that isn't the worst acted, directed, and scripted show ever, it comes really close. I'm hoping Fox sees the light and sends it the way of "Head Cases" which only survived 2 episodes.)

While I have a few new shows added to the lineup, none is more entertaining in my opinion than "Prison Break". It's a breath of fresh air not to have a show based on (a)crime scene investigation, (b)lawyers and the courtroom, (c)aliens and ghosts, or (d)reality programming. And I believe Wentworth Miller may be my new favorite actor appearing weekly on my TV screen. Who knew Fox could create a watchable and intriguing show.

I asked the brother if he had caught any of the episodes. For those not in the know, the brother is actually a prison guard at a medium security prison. He informed me that he had not, but that it was quickly becoming one of the inmates' favorite shows. I'm not sure if they classify it as entertainment or educational programming.