Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Adventures in Babysitting

Yesterday, the Indianapolis Star named a kid from my high school as a potential candidate for Mr. Indiana Basketball. That will never happen, but still, it got me to thinking about something. I used to teach this kid in Sunday School. Which for any of you that have ever been to Sunday School know it's pretty much the equivalent of babysitting. In addition to him, I also used to watch the star of my high school's girls basketball team, who is likely a candidate for Ms. Indiana Basketball. Granted my watching skills probably had nothing to do with their success. In addition to those two, I also used to watch 2 guys who make up half of a band (who in their heyday 2 yrs ago had a record deal and toured the country with some well known contemporary Christian artists.)

But before I pat myself on the back, I would be remiss not to mention that I also used to babysit 3 brothers. I was such a great sitter that on the first night the oldest one fractured the middle one's arm. Believe it or not, I actually received a $20 tip that night because of how difficult they were, and babysat them regularly for the next 2 years.