Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Anonymous

I recently began to fear the day when a potential employer runs across this blog. Though I don't blog about anything I consider offensive or highly inappropriate, it's not exactly something I want a firm to run across when deciding whether to grant me an interview. Seeing as I have an unusual name, a simple google search automatically turned up pages that linked to this blog via my name. And that's just too easy.

Instead, I have asked my school's blog, Sapere Aude, to use my blog title, and they have graciously done so. Although this doesn't stop people from figuring out who I am since there are only 2 Heidi's at the school [actually, I may be it since the other one just graduated], it does protect against being "googled" and spotted. I wasn't going for complete anonymity, simply the illusion of such.

This also prevents my family from finding me since the mom is dying to know the address of my blog. She saw me viewing a blog the other day, asked what it was, and asked if I had one. When I told her I did, she automatically wanted the address, which I refused. She made the logical deduction that I must blog about her on here and I confirmed as much. So I'm sure she's a few clicks away from searching me out.

The moral of this post is that I love having people link me because it makes me feel important, and that feeling, though rare and fleeting, is why I get out of bed in the morning.

Ok, not really. The reason I get out of bed in the morning is because it's past noon and I can only ignore the bladder for so long.