Tuesday, May 04, 2004

This just in...

Well, this was "just in" maybe 2 months ago, but I'm a little slow on the upkeep. Apparently I need to keep myself more appraised of the happenings off the court if I want to call myself a true tennis fan. Tennis hottie Andy Roddick has split from girlfriend/actress/singer/TV host Mandy Moore. No specifics have been released, but it appears neither were ready to take the matrimonial stroll. In other words, they're young and the relationship had run its course.

Gee, and I thought this one would last.

Andy seems to be taking the heartbreak in stride. Over the weekend he was cited as a hero when he assisted in rescuing a dozen or so hotel guests in Rome. When fire spread through the hotel, guests jumped from upper rooms into Roddick's waiting arms as he stood on his extended balcony below. After chatting on his cell with his mother, Andy prodded rescuers to come to them by offering to buy them pizza, and then insisted that he be the last one to leave. And I thought chivalry was dead.