Friday, September 03, 2004

5 Day Weekend

The labor day holiday brings me an unusually long weekend. What for most people is a long 3 day weekend is actually a 5 day weekend for me. 1 day longer than my average 4 day weekend. With creative planning this semester, I only have classes on Monday and Wednesday, and then I work pro bono on Tuesdays. And since I don't seem to have a paying job of any nature, my weekend starts on Thursday. It's sad really. This is why I really, really need to get a job.

What sucks is that even though I only have class two days, on those days I leave the house pre 8 a.m. and don't get home until after 9. [And I know I'm not the only one commuting, so I'm not really griping about that.] I just wish there were some job around here that I could work those other 2 days a week without having to drive 3 hours a day to work too. That gets a little tiring. But it's only week 2 and I'm bored out of my mind. Don't get me wrong, I have accomplished some cleaning and shopping, but nothing that's furthering my legal objectives. Why oh why does the Jesus Town have to be in the middle of nowhere.