Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Sleeping the Night Away

I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection for the last few days, and luckily got home early Monday night. I planned on using my free day Tuesday to do some last minute cramming for the MPRE. So I took some Tylenol Sinus and went to bed at the early hour of 11:00 p.m. so that I would be well rested. Only I rested more than I thought I ever would and found myself waking up at 12:15 the next day. And this wasn't a waking up an hitting the snooze until I felt like getting up day. This was a 'I didn't even gain consciousness till 13 hours after I went to sleep' day.

So I got up, went downstairs with all intentions of studying, and managed to fall back asleep until 2. Got up at 2, ran some errands, went to dinner with my mother, and got home at 6. And by 7:00 I was back asleep. I woke up when my mom got home around 8:30 and told her how I could not stay awake. By this time, my sinus headache was back, so I went to take more meds. I grabbed the box, and for some reason actually looked at it this time. And discovered I had mistakenly taken Tylenol Sinus Nighttime, the night before. Which I'm hoping explains why I was unable to stay awake for longer than 4 hours yesterday. And reaffirms the knowledge that I can't take sleep aids because they drug me out.