Friday, March 18, 2005

As Days Go By.

Ok, so while I'm working on things this week, I've happened to have ABC Family on in the background showing classic shows like "Full House" and "Family Matters." Sadly, I have to admit that I enjoyed these shows in their early years until I got too cool for them and actually had things to do and places to go on Friday nights.

But I've commented before about how there's not a single show on TV today that I can imagine sitting down with my family (were I 12) and watching. Those shows just don't happen anymore. What happened to the days of the half hour sitcom where the big problem was that Stephanie's rival at school spread a rumor that Stephanie (brace yourself) paid a guy 20 bucks to go on a date with her? Oh the horror!

Anyway, the reason for this post. For some reason I was wondering whatever happened to Jaleel White, aka Steve Urkel, so I looked up the show on TV Tome. And I was greeted with a post from last week claiming that the actors who played Steve and Laura are reprising the characters in a new pilot called "The Family Table". Say it ain't so. The post, dated March 9, 2005 reads:

Kellie Shanygne Williams and Jaleel White are to be filming the first 7 episodes of their new sitcom "The Family Table" tomorrow! The new sitcom will be a salute to Nick & Nite and TVLand's "Share More than MEals at the Family Table" they will be playing Laura and Steve.

Because of Jaleel's sickening of playing the nerdy Steve Urkel he wants to be himself by creating the backstory of the fact that Steve's voice cleared, his back straightened and became a little mature but is still the same old Steve.


Laura and Steve have been married for 7 years since the finaly of Family Matters. They have 6 year old twins, Stanley (Bobbe' J. Thompson) and Estelle "Stelle" Urkel-Winslow (Jamia Simone Nash) and are going to adopt two teens, Michelle Bell (Solange Knowles)and DJ Harvey (Bow Wow) now they have to figure out how to share more than meals at the family table while dealing with Stanley's girlfriend Sierra (Juliete Goglia).


I googled the title and didn't find anything else on this so it may just be rumor. I'm not setting my Tivo just yet.