Monday, October 17, 2005

Hit and Run

I was involved in a hit and run this morning. I hit, he ran.

Actually, it was completely his fault so he probably because he didn't have insurance/license. Unfortunately for me, I had to wait around for an hour for the police and had very little info for him when he got there.

It was one of those situations where I was travelling in 1 of 3 lanes and the idiots in the lanes next to me waived a guy across to turn. Only my lane wasn't stopped but was proceeding at about 30 mph. My airbag didn't go off but I hit him pretty hard. And in the commotion of trying to get out of the way so I didn't get hit again, he sped off and I only got 2 numbers on his plate.

Based on the speed at impact and the very minor damage to my car, his car must have some signficant damage. He was broadsided after all. The cop told me that if he had time today he'd patrol around the area to see if he could find the car. So if anyone sees a white Chevy Caprice with body damage to the passenger side front door and red paint rubbed off, just point at him. Since it's not like you could help me much anyway.

But it's just my luck considering I just got this car in May. It's now broken in, in more ways than one.