Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Riddle me that.

I'm such a follower. I saw this over at E.McPan and I had to copy. I have pretty bland movie tastes, so these should be easy to get.

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.

Added hints:

1. "Last practice of the season and this asshole thinks it's the Super Bowl!"
Hint: The stars of Swingers first met while making this movie.

2. "Sun don't shine on the same dog's ass everyday, but, mister you ain't seen a ray of light since you got here."
Kelly P. had this one nailed. It's from Hoosiers and Barbara Hershey's mother says it.

3. "No more rhyming now, I mean it.
"Anybody wanna peanut?"
E. McPan knows her Princess Bride. (As does Legal Quandry, but E.McP beat her to the punch.) Vizzini and Fezzik.
4. " You knew you were dying from the start?
We're all dying from the start. I just got moved to the head of the line."
Hint: My favorite band has 2 songs on the soundrack to this movie, and the dog is named after them.
Legal Lane knew this was Sam and George from Life as a House. (Which, by the by, is excellently acted by Hayden Christensen before those Star Wars films turned his acting skills to that of wood.)

5. "OK, you can wipe the doe-eyed-Bambi-watching-her-mother-get-shot-and-strapped-to-the-back-of-a-van look from your face. "
Kelly P. with another. 13 Going on 30, Lucy to Jenna.

6. "Everyone's got skeletons in the closet, you never know when they're gonna jump out and bite you in the ass. "
Hint: This movie stars Jesus Christ... or at least a guy who played him.

7. "Well... if I had a dollar for every time they've killed me in this thing, I wouldn't have to work for you, Deke... "
Hint: Houston...we have a problem.
E. McPan correctly got that this was Jim Lovall in Apollo 13.

8. "I don't know why they'd drop a bomb on this place, be a heck of a waste of a bomb."
Hint: I have a hankering for movies based on true stories. This is another one whose lead actor was nominated for an Oscar this past year (Supporting Actor).
Legal Lane knew this one was October Sky, and I'll trust her that it was Roy Lee, because I have no clue.

9. "Why does everybody keep asking me if I've been drinking? What? Is there like a coaster stuck to my butt or something? "
Kelly P. with another correct answer. This is from Hope Floats and is said by Birdie.

10. "Are you always in the habit of going where you're not wanted or is this a new thing with you?
Are you always this nice to people you just met or are you practicin' up to be a horse's butt?"
Hint: This movie starred this year's Best Supporting Actress in her first role.
E. McPan was right again that this was The Man in the Moon. The first line was said by Court (one of those London twins) and the second was Danny (Reese Witherspoon).

11. " I know you can be under whelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?"
Frolics and Detours was on the money here. It's from 10 things I hate about you.

* Whatever did we do before imdb.com?
** I almost chose a quote from every movie with the word ass or butt in it. I'm in one of those moods today. See previous post.