Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol: Threepeat

The year of American Idol apathy is drawing to a close. I have actually not voted a single time this season. That's how little I care.

Tonight was pretty decent. Something bugs me about Jordan that I can't put my finger on. She's got an ok voice, but maybe it's the whole 17 thing. I just don't want her in my finale.

I'm pretty sure that early on I said that Blake reminded me of Maroon 5. If I weren't so tired and lazy at the moment, I'd search back through to find out when. Anyway, I agree with Simon that Blake takes the most chances and at least keeps us entertained. I wouldn't mind it so much if he won. I'd like to see him in the finale, but I have a sneaking suspicion he will go tomorrow.

Melinda is still vocally perfect. But I'm wearing thin with her. It's almost like she's too good and I get a little bored. She definitely has been the most consistently good, but she seems more like the Ruben Studdard type of Idol than the Carrie Underwood type. Meaning she'll win but quickly fade into obscurity. There's nothing unique or intriguing about her that will make me want to buy her record. I hope I'm wrong as I think Melinda absolutely deserves to make a living off her wonderful voice.

I'm just glad that we'll be done with them next week and can move on to my summer love, So You Think You Can Dance. If I had the power, I'd force you all to watch with me just so someone could talk to me about the show. Sadly, I'm powerless. So I'll just lay the guilt on you and ask you to watch it because you love me. (Insert sad puppy dog eyes here.)

Labels: