Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sunshine Day

I happen to have the day off. And I woke up this morning to discover that weather.com has lied to me once again. It had me convinced that last weekend was going to be all rainy, and it wasn't. Today it was supposed to be cloudy. Um, whatever. When I got up this morning (time is irrelevant... it's my day off), I looked out my window to a bright sunny sky. Since our pool opened last week, I decided I might as well take advantage of it to work on my tan.

Well, I'm actually hesitant to call it a "tan". Let's just put it this way, in my brand of makeup, there are approximately 20 shades to match skin tones ranging from 1 at the light end and 20 at the dark end. I'm a 2. And that's really too dark for me.

Back to the pool. I got out there and enjoyed the pool to myself for an hour or so. Then others showed up. Which, I'm not opposed to other people using the pool. It is semi-public, after all. I just didn't imagine that other people would be free on a Tuesday morning to lay by the pool. Then I remembered something. Our complex is well known for housing some high class strippers. Of course they would have the morning off.

About 15 minutes later I found myself surrounded by six strippers in their bikinis. Now, I realize that any male reader is probably thinking what a great fantasy that is. Um, not so much for us women. I haven't worn a bikini since I was about 4, and I only did so then because I wasn't smart enough then to realize what a bad idea that was. Today I was hanging poolside my jean skorts and tank, and even then I was overexposed.

Back to be being a nice shade of eccrue in the safety of my apartment.

Labels: