Friday, November 14, 2003

I love the 80s

Early today there was a commercial on for PCI (Personal Careers Institute). It was one of those where the woman was giving her life story. You know how it goes. "I was in a dead end job, until I went to PCI where things magically started happening and now I have a good job thanks to the top of the line training." She started the commercial standing there in her suit, and holding a disk. And she says, "It's amazing that all of the information on a computer can fit on this", and waves the disk. The catch. It's a 5 inch floppy (the ones that are now obsolete).

Now I'm not one to criticize, but if you want to have a commercial that praises your school's technology courses, perhaps you should refrain from using commercials from 1984 that spotlight defunct devices.