Saturday, November 29, 2003

The most wonderful time of the year

I've changed my mind. My personalized hell won't be 24 hours a day of baby showers. My time will be split evenly between baby showers and hanging Christmas lights. Seriously. Whoever invented this whole idea of lights on the outside of their houses needs to be shot. I think when I have my own house, I'm going to hire someone to come do them for me.

And it didn't help that my mom didn't bring out all the lights. We're standing in 2 inches of mud, and all of the sudden she turns to me to go inside to get the lights. Which means I have to take off the wet, muddy shoes, stand on the cold concrete in my bare feet, run inside, get the lights, then come back out and put on the muddy shoes. Next time, let's think ahead shall we.

I'm seriously contemplating suggesting that we leave the lights up all year round. I think we'd be making a statement with the only nativity set in the county up in August.