Thursday, March 18, 2004

March Madness

I haven't really paid much attention to basketball this year, but as always, that changes once the tournament starts. I made my predictions the other day, and so far I'm not doing well. Usually I have the foresight to pick a strong underdog, such as Gonzaga in years past. But this year the Zags aren't underdogs and my picks are stagnant.

I have a few rules to live by when making picks: Always pick a 12 seed over a 5. Only I picked the wrong one this year. I went with BYU over Syracuse when I should have taken Manhattan over Florida. Hindsight is 20/20. My big underdog this year may have to be Louisville. I have them making it to the Sweet Sixteen, but that likely will not happen. A girl can dream though.

My final four picks are still in the running. This year they consist of Gonzaga, Pitt, Illinois, and Stanford. Yes, I may be a bit optimistic, but like I said, I haven't followed as closely as in years past. And we have to get at least 1 Big Ten team past the first round.