Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Just give me the damn receipt.

Like any single woman in her 20s, I dread being labeled a "cat lady." I myself only have 1 cat, but when I moved home to save money, I gained caretaking duties of my mom's cat and my brother's cat. And since there are now 3 cats in one house, the cat litter is bought in bulk. The only store that sells the Arm and Hammer brand in the large size is Target. So whenever I shop there, I have to stock up for the next few weeks.

Since I live in the armpit of Indiana, and the closest Target is 45 miles away, I have to stop on my way home from school when I need my Target fix. The other day, I stopped in to buy some essentials; makeup brushes, cds, greeting cards, and of course 2 giant sized cat litter boxes. As I'm checking out, the cashier asks me if I need a gift receipt. I politely decline, and she looks me in the eye and says, "I don't suppose the cats will be returning anything."

Bitch.